Monday, September 20, 2010

مرحبا عالم الموضة



Welcome Fashion World!


I would like to start with a brief introduction about myself! My name is Sérina Alayed, I was born in Amman, Jordan and so far have lived in four unforgettable countries throughout my life. My ethnicities/nationalities consists of Italian, Jordanian and British. I currently live in the world's #1 Fashion capital, New York City, of course! =)

This blog will reflect on how I perceive Fashion and how I see it as an international language and a bridge between cultures. Since I travel yearly visiting family and friends around the world, I am highly and continuously exposed to different cultures, religions and people. Those 3 key things impact the Fashion World unbelievably. It happens so naturally that you probably don't even realize you’re influenced by those principles. However, being exposed to such enriching motives on a daily basis, made me realize that those impacting influences and inspirations were revealed in my personal designs and drawings. So I am here to present examples from each country that I’ve visited and explain how each style influences one another, and how fashion is one of the major communicators between cultures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment